Learn about the enhancements and improvements in the most recent versions of Logic Pro.
New in Logic Pro 10.7.2
Stability and reliability
- Resolves an issue where Logic could quit unexpectedly when performing Flex Pitch analysis.
- Logic no longer quits unexpectedly when tabbing to the end of a region after inserting a chord symbol into the Score.
- Fixes an issue where Logic could quit unexpectedly when loading presets in Audio Units plug-ins, or copying tracks that contain Audio Units plug-ins.
- Fixes an issue where Logic could quit unexpectedly when converting imported REX2 files.
- Resolves various issues with Audio Units plug-ins that might cause Logic to quit unexpectedly.
- Resolves an issue where Logic could quit unexpectedly when selecting a new patch while a Sampler window is open.
- Improves performance and responsiveness when performing Smart Tempo analysis while the project is playing.
- Performance is improved when selecting files in the Audio Import window on macOS Monterey.
- The Logic interface now remains fully responsive when track level meters are displayed.
- Fixes an issue where MIDI notes could stick when played through a Summing Stack using Logic's built-in instruments on Apple silicon Macs.
- Notes created using the Pencil tool in GarageBand for iOS no longer get stuck when played back in Logic Pro.
- Logic no longer hangs when zooming in to the maximum zoom level with the Movie track open.
- Resolves an issue in Autosampler where playback to USB audio interfaces could become distorted.
- Muting channels in the Surround Panner now behaves as expected in Spatial Audio.
- VoiceOver now consistently announces the selection state of items in the Project Settings windows.
- The blue highlight now follows selected items in the Preferences windows in VoiceOver mode.
- VoiceOver can now be used to control a channel strip's 3D Object Panner in Spatial Audio projects.
- An alert is now displayed when a Step Sequencer pattern cell is converted to MIDI, warning if the contents require that they be aligned to a single pitch.
- Resolves an issue where Software Instrument Live Loop cells could appear to be empty immediately after recording.
- In full screen view, the Live Loops grid now reliably updates when toggling Ultrabeat cells
- Triggering and recording into Live Loops cells from control surfaces and MIDI controllers now works reliably.
- Fixes an issue where playback can pause unexpectedly when recording large amounts of data into an unquantized Step Sequencer pattern in which step 1 has a negative offset.
- Playback of a Step Sequencer region now continues as expected if the MIDI In port of the track is changed while it is playing.
Flex Time and Flex Pitch
- Resolves an issue where audio files might not play after Flex Pitch analysis was performed.
- Analyzing an audio file for Flex Pitch no longer resets existing Flex Pitch edits in the file.
- Flex Pitch curves in the Audio Track Editor now consistently display as expected after an audio file is re-analyzed for flex pitch.
- The Strength slider for Flex Pitch no longer jumps back to 100% after a lower value is set in the Audio Track Editor.
- Flex Pitch data is now displayed correctly immediately after an audio file is analyzed for Flex Pitch.
- The Mixer now immediately shows the effect of changing from Post-fader mode to Pre-fader mode.
- The Channel Input Mode button for Software Instrument tracks now displays reliably when the Mixer is set to Tracks view.
- Deselecting all multiple selected channel strips in the Mixer now leaves only the currently focused channel selected in the Track List.
- All regions of grouped tracks are now selected when selecting a track that's a member of the group.
MIDI 2.0 Support
- The Arpeggiator plug-in now sends the correct note-off messages to third-party Software Instruments and MIDI FX plug-ins when Logic is running in MIDI 2.0 mode.
- An enabled EQ thumbnail now consistently displays as expected.
- Logic's instruments now consistently respond as expected when playing quarter-tone tunings in Legato mode.
- Adding a second instance of a third-party MIDI FX plug-in to a project no longer causes the track with the first instance to stop playing.
Sampler and Quick Sampler
- Changes to the modulation visualization of controls in Quick Sampler are now immediately visible.
- Automation for the Tape Stop parameter in RemixFX now remains functional after the play head is manually dragged during playback.
- Resolves an issue where the RemixFX Gate effect did not respond properly to automation.
- Changes to the length of a pattern region are now immediately visible in Logic Remote on iPhone.
- Logic Remote now displays the Filter On/Off switch for Quick Sampler.
- It is now possible to activate the Filters in the Gate plug-in using Logic Remote.
- Left Delay and Right Delay controls for the Sample Delay plug-in are now available in Logic Remote.
- The Gain and Q-Factor controls in the Single-Band EQ plug-in are now available in Logic Remote.
Control surface and MIDI controller support
- If a newer LUA script for an installed control surface is available, Logic will now use that instead of the built-in settings.
- Logic now retains changes made to the display mode of control surfaces running in Logic Control mode.
- Control surfaces supported by LUA script now send and receive feedback when using MIDI 2.0.
- The Control Surface setup window now displays the correct group number for a selected device.
- Fixes an issue where Novation Launchpad could unexpectedly show closed Track Stacks as being empty.
- Setting a control surface to move the play head by ticks no longer causes the play head to only move backwards.
- Control surfaces now update to select newly created tracks in Logic.
- Changing an assignment control name in the Controller Assignments window now updates the name in the Key Commands window and Smart Controls assignments inspector.
- It is now possible to edit an assignment in the Controller Assignments window if a Smart Controls inspector is also open.
Export and bounce
- Fixes an issue where canceling bounce-in-place of a pattern region could cause the region to become corrupted and uneditable.
- Sound from Remix FX is now included in bounced projects.
- It is now possible to load a channel strip CST file by dragging it from the Finder to the channel strip header.
Impulse Response Utility
- All rows of the level meter in the Impulse Response Utility now update correctly.
- Fixes an issue where a triple click could prevent additional undo steps from being added.
- The strum up and strum down markings are now displayed as expected in the Tablature Settings window.
- Notes created with the Brush tool now reliably use the quantize values chosen by key commands.
- Scale and Quantize settings in the Piano Roll no longer reset to defaults when the Piano Roll window is closed and then re-opened.
- The value scrubber in the Position > Operations column of the Transform window now works correctly.
- Selecting a region in the Event List editor now deactivates an active Marquee selection.
- Resolves an issue in which MIDI might sometimes be recorded onto an Audio track.
- Fixes an issue where edits to the currently selected and zoomed track could affect another track.
- Auto-punch using Marquee selection now works consistently.
- Fixes an issue where very short MIDI note events could sustain longer than expected when the MIDI 2.0 preference is enabled.
- Previously selected MIDI regions are now deselected after recording a new MIDI region with Overlap mode enabled.
- The Dynamics control in the MIDI Region Inspector now properly limits MIDI values that would exceed the top range of possible MIDI values.
- Musical Typing now remains active if a record-enabled MIDI track is not the focused track.
- Resolves an issue where the Region Delay sometimes could not be set to “ms.”
- Resolves an issue in which using Option + Shift to copy a Marquee selected area unexpectedly divides regions covered by the Marquee original selection.